Diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease. Lost a child due to congenital heart disease. What precautions to be taken to have a healthy baby?

I have diagnosed PID. I am 34 year old and have a son who is 13 years. I have lost one baby 6 yrs back with congenital heart disease. I am planing to go for one more child. Can you please help me to understand is PID will cause any problem to conceive. And what precautions to be taken to avoid any heart related disease.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
PID is pelvic inflammatory disease. It indicates a chronic pelvic inflammation. It can sometimes pose a difficulty in conception but it is a completely treatable condition. You can get adequate antibiotics prescribed from your gynecologist before planning a pregnancy.
Congenital heart diseases are difficult to prevent with any supplemnts taken prenatally.These disorders are not associated with any deficiency that can be taken care of. Most of these are associated with chromosomal abberations or maternal infections. You can get yourself screened for any infections like mumps or rubeola before conception.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease. Lost a child due to congenital heart disease. What precautions to be taken to have a healthy baby? 2 hours later
As I have 13 year old son and is my age a constraint and difference between two children creates any problem.

Is there any diagnosis done during pregnancy to understand the disorder.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Your age of 34 years increases your predisposition towards having a congenitally malformed baby.
The difference between two children does not create any difference.
During the pregnancy, you can go for a triple screen test at 20 weeks to diagnose the congenital malformations.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.