Diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Completed chemo therapy. Recommended cat scan. Is it safe?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I was dxed with ovarian cancer stage 1c and stage 2 and have completed 18 weeks of chemo...weekly at UNC Chapel Hill. My lawyer, daughter, asked for a pet/cat scan rather than just a cat which my wonderful onc. Recommended. He agreed to the cat/pet. To occur on Dec. 5th. Is the double scan the way to go or not?
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer: hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Yes you should do pet/scan especially if this was stage 2 since metastases are possible in these cases. also do it at least 3-4 weeks after last chemoth since earlier there is more possibility of false positive results. I hope that chemoth was succesful and that there wont be recurence of disease and petct is the best way to rule this out. wish you good health. feel free to ask. Regards