Diagnosed with neuropathy in feet. Is walking bad for people with neuropathy in feet and toes?

Is walking bad for people with neuropathy in feet and toes? Will walking cause more stinging in the toes and foot pads, if one has neuropathy in feet?
The toes and front pads of my feet tingle, sharply, especially when I lay down in bed at night. It is very difficult to sleep with that feeling.
I have been diagnosed with neuropathy in my feet by a Neurologist who suggested that walking could cause more pain.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 2 hours later

I can understand your concerns.

You can walk but wear shoes with soft soles otherwise walking can worse the pain.
You can do exercises after consulting your physiotherapist to improve blood circulation of lower limb and it can help in decreasing pain.

Gabapentin and Carbamazepine are being used for decreasing the pain along with intravenous immunoglobulin.

Do take care of your foot as small trauma may go unnoticed and become infected.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.