Diagnosed with myalgic encephalomyelitis. What cure and precaution should be done?

My daughter has ME, recently diagnosed- what can she do, on a daily basis to help her -what should
he NOT do, any special diet rules, regular sleep pattern - is it advisable to avoid alcohol? she
Posted Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I shall appreciate if you can provide me with the following information to help you further:
1. Age of your daughter.
2. Does she have medical history of respiratory problems, frequent chest infections, asthma, IBS and had pneumonia and meningitis?
3. You mentioned that your daughter has been diagnosed with ME. What is the full diagnosis and on what basis or investigations has it been diagnosed? If you can mention the full details of the abbreviation it shall be better.
4. What are her symptoms and difficulties?

After hearing from you I shall be in a better position to guide you on the issues raised by you:
1. What should she not do?
2. Special diet.
3. Use of alcohol.

I hope I have clarified my views on your query. Please feel free to revert back for more clarifications or if you would like to share more facts.

Wishing your daughter all the best.