Diagnosed with multiple mixed echogenic lesions. Suggested for surgery. Second opinion?

May 2013
hi doc...
my mom has been diagnosed with multiple mixed echogenic lesions, largest measuring 5.8 cms noted in myometrium. She has been suggested a surgery. Sir, can u please give your opinion?
She also has well defined hyperechogenic lesion size 38mm noted in midpole in her left kidney. No calculus or hydronephrosis. The report says her left kidney is normal in size(103*38)mm. SShe has been suggested a surgery for this too.
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 minutes later
As your mother is having:
-Multiple fibroids, with largest one measuring 5.8cms,
-I suppose she is having symptoms related to it
-Completed her family
-With age 48 years
Hysterectomy can be choosed as mode of treatment as suggested by your doctor.
Regarding the renal mass, if you send the report I can guide you better.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.