Diagnosed with morgagni's hernia. Is surgery needed?

If a person is diagnosed with a moragagni hernia do they have to have surgery at some point and when?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Yes, if a person is diagnosed with a Morgagni's hernia, he needs to undergo surgery to correct it. This is because complications like strangulation can occur. It can be done as an elective surgery and it can be done laparoscopically. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini