Diagnosed with mixed flora. Will it spread through sexual contact?

i have just been diagnosed with mixed flora what causes this and can my partner catch through sexual contact it started with spots around my neck enlarged glands and then spread to my head and ear i then come up with itchy red spots over the trunk of my body my ear became badly infected and i have just finished a course of antibiotics
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
Mixed flora is caused by the infection of community of microorganism like bacteria. It occur in a particular area like skin, mouth, stomach, intestine, respiratory track and vagina. Usually above said part contains many microorganisms which help to prevent other microorganisms from multiplying to a level where they cause symptoms. Change in the normal bacterial flora allows more resistant microorganism to gain the foothold and multiply and causes symptoms. The normal flora can be changed due to intake of antibiotic before infection or change in pH.

You are suffering from skin flora and it includes glands like sweat glands. It is good that you have taken a course of antibiotic and hoping that the infection is recovering.

There is no evidence of sexual transmission. But consult your treating doctor before you become sexually active. As treatment of partner is needed in few cases of recurrent vaginal flora (if you have it?).

Hope you got answer to your all queries. Write back if have any further queries. I will be happy to answer them.

Best Wishes and have a speedy recovery.
Dr. Kulbir Singh