Diagnosed with minor cardiac problem in Treadmill test. Having pain in left arm and chest. Could I ask a doctor?

Dear Dr.

I am 47 years old and once I had been diagnosed by minor Cardiac problem in Treadmill test.
Now a days whenever I climb stairs or do a jogging, I feel left arm pain and left chest pain.
I am worried and want an opinion about what i should do and what kind of specialist Dr. I should consult.

Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 30 minutes later

Welcome to Healthcare magic.

As per your given clinical description,there is a possibility of Anginal chest pain in you case. Why because you already have the minor heart problem that was diagnosed in TMT test previously.

The typical features of Anginal chest pain is pain increases during exertion (climbing stairs,running etc).

I suggest you to consult cardiologist ASAP and get done ECG,Blood work, and TMT again. After getting results from the mentioned tests yow will be treated accordingly.

Hope, I have cleared your query.
If you need any further clarification,let me know.