Diagnosed with mild pcos. Having irregular period, headache, bloating and nausea. What is the problem?

Mar 2013
Hi I was diagnosed with mild pcos 5 years ago since then I have iregular periods anything from 30- 37 days. I never miss a period though. I have not been actively trying to conceive however I last had a period approx march 4th which was heavy and painful. I then had intercourse on 16th march and we used a condom. On the week of April 8th I had slight Pink discharge twice. During the week of April 15th I started getting symptoms such as -
Clear vaginal discharge, tired, irritable, headaches, nausea slight twinges in my abdomen and very bloated.
I have yet to have a period therefore I took a pregnancy test on the 18th April which I did in the afternoon which was negative. I have never had these symptoms before with my pcos , I'm going to book a doctors appointment Monday but would be really interested to find out what my symptoms could mean.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 47 minutes later
Your symptoms could mean
1. An early pregnancy, particularly as you have PCOS and irregular cycles, though a urine pregnancy test is 97% reliable in detecting a pregnancy.
2. Pre menstrual symptoms , as you might be close to having a proper period, since you had only mild spotting this month.
3. PCOS itself is associated with vitamin D deficiency and diabetes, both of which might make you tired, irritable, moody and bloated.

You would need a consultation with a Gynecologist and further blood testing and a pelvic transvaginal ultrasound .
Please do the needful and get back for further discussions if required.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with mild pcos. Having irregular period, headache, bloating and nausea. What is the problem? 12 minutes later
My diet is XXXXXXX in beef, dairy eggs and fish so I doubt it is a vitamin d deficiency.
These symptoms are nothing like my usual pre menstraul symptoms, would these symptoms be linked to a large cyst on my ovaries at all??
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 hours later
Well, they could be.
But you have not mentioned a large cyst on the ovaries anywhere in the details you provided.
Cysts in PCOS are generally multiple and very small.