Diagnosed with mild osteoporosis. Having pain in hip, knee and tailbone. How to get relief?

Hi I have been dignosed with tranient osteoporosis of the right hip. I am 58 years old & have been having hip, knee & tailbone pain for several years ( little or no significant arthritis). 2 years ago, I was told I had mild osteoporosis in the hip after a contrast cat scan. I was wondering if the previous diagnosis of osteoporisis has any bearing on the issue & if the condition always resolves itself. I Keep seeing "usualy" XXXXXXX often" & "in most cases"
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Osteoporosis
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 16 minutes later

Osteoporosis of the bone may be a cause of pain in the bone.
The pain in the bone of several years duration before osteoporosis is diagnosed may not be related to osteoporosis. There could be other causes.

The condition may not resolve itself and definitely requires treatment.

Hope this helps.