Diagnosed with mgus. Feeling cold and having loose bowel movement. Cause and cure?

Allergist and Immunologist
I have many problems ... MGUS but it is escalating ... I am cold, have chills, body temp of 96.4, have had loose bpwels for 3 weeks .. seem to have to go to bathroom as soon as I eat something ... go to the doctor and no one seems to be concerned with this. But I would like to know WHY this is happening!
Posted Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 2 hours later

Thank you for writing to us.

I am sure you are under observation with paraprotein levels, Immunoglobulin levels etc for the MGUS.

If you are having the symptoms of cold, chills, diarrhoea for 3 weeks you MUST get this investigated with a complete blood count, LFTs, calcium, phosphate, stool c/s to ensure that the cause is found.

Do not take codeine or tablets to stop the loose motions, as it potentially could be infectious diarrhoea. If you have taken a lot of pain medication for the arthritis, then the diarrhoea could be related to that. Viral infection is most likely but a superadded bacterial infection must be excluded given the status of your immune system.

I hope that was useful. Let me know if I can assist you further.