Diagnosed with mastoiditis, taking antibioticse. Have swelling around ear with pus. Suggest?

i was diagnosis with mastoiditis, I've taking all my antibiotics, and ear drops. Now I have swelling around my ear, and this morning there's a pus looking lump on top of the swelling.

I'm on contract oversea, with limited medical, treatment, with only 1 to 2 months left in contract, my supervisors are concern, that i should leave now, and go to the states for treatment.

Which, my problem, started, when I got off the airplane, returning to work.
What can I do, to relieve the swelling or this extra lump, and do I need immediate medical treatment, or could it be taken care of after 2 months.
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The class one treatment for pus collection is to drain it surgically and thoroughly and do dressings.
The pus should be Gram stained and culture test should be done.
The broad spectrum antibiotics should be taken depending on severity.
Offcourse you should go to a hospital because all this is feasible in a hospital only.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Diagnosed with mastoiditis, taking antibioticse. Have swelling around ear with pus. Suggest? 2 hours later
do, I need to go to the hospital immediately, it would take, about a week to transport from my destination, back to the USA, for treatment.
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 4 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
I have seen your photographs, swelling is significant and I think you should go to the hospital to get relief.
Wish you a great health!