Diagnosed with lymphnodes in chest. Taking forecox. Side effect?

Hi,I am XXXXXXX and I am diaganosed for lymphnodes in chest and taking regularly two tabltes of forecox in the morning empty stomach and one tablet of benaden after lunch daily for the last one and a half month.I am also taking one spoon of tefroliv forte for liver thrice daily.I am advised by the doctor to take the medicine for two months and after that only one tablet is to be taken for four months.I wanted to know the side effects of forecox in the long run and the reason for this disease.And also whether I am taking the right medicine.
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Liver dysfunction

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your history you just gave a history of lymph nodes in chest . This can be because of tuberculosis . Your other tests must be positive lIke Mantoux test , Gold quantiferon TB thats why you have been put on Forecox . Tuberculosis is an infectious disease and mostly spread by droplet nuclei .

The major side effects of Forecox is Hepatotoxicity so a check on liver functions is required . Arthralgias, anorexia, nausea and vomiting, dysuria, fever, elevation of plasma uric acid and acute episodes of gout. Skin rashes can also occur rarely .

Dr. Shruti