Diagnosed with lupus, valley fever. Tested for leukemia disease. Need of spleen removal?

I have been diagnosed with XXXXXXX Lupus, valley fever, tested for lekumea disease and now sickle cell. I have been put on cancer medication for a year which has damaged my kidneys. Now the doctors say I made my symtoms up I look fine. I have a friend that is a patholigist and he swears I have sickle cell. Most of the desease I have been tested for have the same systoms. I very upset because my doctor now wants to remove my spleen. Almost died had a blood transfusion although I feel he has not diagnosed me inproperly. Should I let him remove my spleen? I have followed the suggestions of the pathologist and take I B profen asprin in thd morning for my pain and this seems to help with the crisis. IHe told me to put heating pads on my legs and arms when I am in pain. I try to keep warm the cold causes crisis, I live in a predomiently white area and the doctors have no clue about sickle cell S type which I believe my friend who is a pathlogist. He said the testthat was take was done inproperly and I need to check myself in the Mayo Clinic
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 10 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
I have gone through all the reports. However, there are many unanswered questions. You have mentioned that you had breast cancer; when was it diagnosed, what was the stage and what treatment was given? What is the current status of breast cancer in you?

In feb 2011, you had mass in lungs with mediastinal lymph node, was it biopsied? was it from the spread of breast cancer? How was it treated?

The sickle cell test is negative, then how are your docs so sure about it? I am not at all sure if you need to remove your spleen at this time.

If you can send me further information on above, I may be able to guide you better.