Diagnosed with lupus, fibromyalgia and periphal neuropathy. Have posttraumatic stress disorder. Prognosis?

Feb 2013

Hello, I have diagnosed with lupus.My lupus number has been a ten.Today I found out from the latest test that it is now 17.Could you please tell me what this means ? I've also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Periphal Neuropathy,I have 4 herniated discs in my neck.A cracked tail bone.I am recovering from knee surgery and I have accalachia.
{ aphosphagus disorder }.A lot of random shotting pain and post traumatic stress disorder.Thank you for helping.I'd love it if the pain would stop.
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 4 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Lupus is an collagen vascular disease which involves almost all systems of the body.

It is diagnosed on the basis of presence of 4 clinical criteria out of 11.

There are many tests in the process of screening and confirming the diagnosis like XXXXXXX dsDNA, XXXXXXX antibodies, Complemet C3, antiphospholipid antibodies.

Some of the tests will indicate the severity of lupus like dsDNA, C3 levels.

So I advise you to mention the name of the test and its units of measurement, so that I will try to explain it in a more precised way.

And if possible please upload the investigation reports with the help og this health portal as it will give a clear idea of your problems.

Awaiting for the information in your follow up query.