Diagnosed with lupus, fibromyalgia and RA. Have joint pain, chills. Taking Lyrica, Cmbalta and Meloxicam. What is going on?

Hi: Appreciate your help......I have diagnosed with Lupus.....Systemic Kind....and Fibromyalgia, RA, etc.
Sunday I felt relatively fine...went to church....came
home and about one half hour later I was hit with extreme pain in all joints.....chills, I could barely
move anything....I just hurt all over.....stayed in bed for 24 hours....just could hardly much
pain. I am on anti-inflamatorys, lyrica, meloxicam, cymbalta....and others....what is going on?
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later

I think an inflammatory factor has triggered off this kind of an acute reaction.

Let me tell you that they are so many acute phase reactants like cytokines and interleukins that are released in the process.

I am not sure of what the triggering factor is, in your case. It can be anything like a change in weather, a bit of more physical exertion on your part.

Among the medications that you are on, Meloxicam is the only good analgesic that can help you with pain relief.

In my opinion, it is better to get an evaluation done with your Rheumatologist, only if you are comfortable enough to walk. If not, you can seek a telephonic consultation with him and write back to me.

I hope to have been of some help.

I wish you speedy recovery.