Diagnosed with lupus and raynaud's disease. No relief from robaxin, neurontin. Alternate medication?

i was diag with lupus in 2010 and raynauds dec last year. i take plaqnil robaxin neurotin and others when should i change muscle relaxer i doesnt seem to help anymore. i have taken it for years. i also take 2 lortab 5mg. i only get 2 per day. thanks for info. it is one of those sleepness nights. 235 here in blfld wv
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 hours later
Thanks for the query posted .
If your muscle relaxant is not working , you would definitely need to review the medication .
What are the main symptoms that you are getting now?
Follow-up: Diagnosed with lupus and raynaud's disease. No relief from robaxin, neurontin. Alternate medication? 15 hours later
i have the constant stiffness and ache of the fibro, my fingers are numb i cannot pick up a nickle or XXXXXXX my hands itch alot so bad that i rub them on the wood furniture. restless leg. cant take requip up chuck in the mornings. i have severe night sweats. there are days i wake up and the hands are swellen and red at the joints. little bumbps pop up on hands that are sore to touch. i have bone spurs anterior and posterior(sp) on spine. have a XXXXXXX hump at the top of shoulders where my neck starts. i live in a small town and we dont have a dr that specializes. i see a reg md and a rheu dr. i see him every 3 or 4 mo. in the past year he has not checked a reflex, muscle extenions test, check balance or anything i feel i know more about my disease then he does. i use heating pad and lots of hot showers. received two shots in each hand for carple tunnel and my hands blew up twice their size. i am scared to death to get sick.
Thanks for the detailed response .

I am sorry to hear about all your symptoms .
I would like to suggest to you with the present symptoms, a Short course of Corticosteroids to remove the on going inflammation would be the best approach rather than muscle relaxants .
It will give you immediate relief and if continued for a long time might put you into a remission as well along with proper blood work up .
Thanks and Take care