Diagnosed with lung sarcoidosis. Blood test indicate the presence of sarcoid in liver. Concerned

i was diagnosed with lung sarcoidosis in april which has since gone to my brain,but i recently had blood tests taken which revealed my gamma gt levels to be 187 does this indicate the presence of sarcoid in my liver now as i have never touched alcohol in my life,i have also put on weight with the steroids,so much so that i think ,infact im sure i have steroid induced cushings,but the pressure it is putting on my arms and back and upper body is making it impossible to move,help !!
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 4 hours later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through the query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be have been diagnosed as a case of sarcoidosis with hypothyroidism.

2. The deranged liver function in your case could be a pointer to early liver involvement of sarcoidosis. You need to get your sonongraphy of the abdomen done to find out any morphological abnormalities of the liver. The treatment is going to remain more or less the same. Steroids and immunosuppressants are the main stay of therapy.

3. After confirmation of the lung , cns and liver involvement prednisolone , azathiprine/hydroxychloroquin and / or ursodiol (for liver involvement) can be started as per the stage of involvement.

4. Long term calcium supplements, and antacids are required to be given with long term steroid therapy.

5. Steroid induced cushings is sometimes inevitable with such a long term steroid therapy. Symptomatic management can be done since steroids cannot be withdrawn. Try to control the daily caloric intake.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra