Diagnosed with low iron and prescribed with levrita. Should I go for blood test again?

May 2013
I have been diagnosed as having low iron but all tests so far, colonoscopy, upper GI, MRI reveal nothing that would cause low iron levels according to my doctor. They hhave prescribed levrita iron labs and what to check blood for iron level in 3 months. Am I on the right path?
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
iron XXXXXXX foods

Detailed Answer:
As all your tests are normal, no need to worry.
You can continue the iron tablets prescribed to you.
Along with that take iron XXXXXXX foods like : lentils, spinach, beans, apricot, pumpkin etc.
Possibly by these things your blood hemoglobin levels will increase.
You can get reevaluated after 3 months as told by your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.