Diagnosed with lichen chronicus. Have inflamed strips on neck, discomfort and painful. Suggest?

herpetitis? Problem with chronic inflamed strips on back of neck. discomfort and pain. sort of like acne, but not coming from follicles. what comes out of it does not look like anything I have seen. can cause deep pain, even in neck muscles. appears to be imbedded layer-like things with little roots. cannot get an honest evaluation. mupirosin helps, but what will kill it?
I was told that the lab report read "lichen chronicus" cannot find anything about it. Faith in dermatologists is very low.
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 31 minutes later
Thanks for the query,
I believe you are suffering from Zoster.
I would like to know who gave you the diagnosis of Herpetitis ?
There is no disease called as herpetitis, it may be herpes or zoster.

Regarding Lichen chronicus, It causes severe itch but not pain.

Can you please upload a photograph of lesion.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.
May be I will be able to give you a diagnosis and treatment as well.

There is an option to upload photograph on right side of query page, please use that.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
In the mean time you can apply calamine lotion.
This will give you some relief.

Waiting for your response.
Thank you