Diagnosed with leukemia. Had chemo and diabetes. Having head tremors. What does it indicate?

'I was diagnosed with leukemia age6. Had chemo & type 1 diabetes at age 15. About the last 4yrs. I've been having head tremmors,now they are getting more predominate,, and in evening when I relax they are more like a jerking motion. Can you give me any insight as to what is happening?
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 8 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
Tremors at this age is not common.
The common causes are hyperthyroidism, cerebellar problems and generalized anxiety disorder. The uncommon causes are many like chorea,parkinsonism etc..
I would suggest you consult a neurologist at the earliest and take his opinion after proper clinical examination and neurological tests.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Do not worry we are there to help you out.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with leukemia. Had chemo and diabetes. Having head tremors. What does it indicate? 14 hours later
I have been to a neurologist about 2 years ago he ruled out Parkinson's . He prescribed me primidone, which I could not function at work. Finally a year later I'm started taking primidone 50mg.on my own. I tried propranolol 10 mg. I felt like I could not stay awake. What is chorea?
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 9 hours later
Chorea is a movement disorder characterized by sudden quasipurposive involuntary jerky movements of the upper limb.It is most commonly seen in Huntington's chorea.
Have a nice day