Ask a Urologist   »  

Diagnosed with left ureterocele in ct scan. Suggested surgery. What to do?

i have been diagnosed with left ureterocele in ct scan of urology
doctors suggesting need a operation,need advise

I had cesirion pregnant and 2.5 yrs of daughter
all the ct scan urogram and ultrasound of lower abodomen is uploaded in the can see the same.

story begines when i was not having my mensuration for the first timeregularly .
my LMP DATE 13/05/2013 ,TILL end of july no probelm, diagnosed pregnency test from 25th XXXXXXX to 10th july 3 times all negetive urine test.
doctor suggested untrasound of lower abdomen,
ultrasound revealed a small cyst in overy and a circular structure in side blodder
doctor suggested ct scan
ct scan revealed left ureterocele
so need you advise asap,no physical probelm

after cesarian pregnancy I had some urine probelm,always feel some more urine is left out,
gyno doctor suggested excersise of pubic region to hold and pass urine.
this is a constant problem after pregnancy.

for cysct doctor suggested nothing to do,3 months need to be observ

but for left ureterocele wht should be done

reporta are attached in this query
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 hours later
Dear Madam,

You have essentially asymptomatic ureterocele. There is no swelling on the kidney or ureter and there is no increased incidence of ultrasound and urine examination.

I have few patients on regular follow up with ureterocele and none has developed any issues. However, i still advise everybody to be on regular follow up.

It shall be great if you could send the pics of ultrasound as well as the Ct scan for me to be 100% sure.

Rajiv goel