Diagnosed with klebsiella pneumoniae. Took avalox. Done with a urological procedure and had a burning penile discharge. Cure?

Excellent

Question
Hello, I was Recently diagnosed with klebsiella pneumoniae , They Gave me avalox 400 Mg, What is The usual time frame before This clears the infection up ? I had a urologic Procedure done and have had a burning penile discharge
The dischage is starting to get less and less, I was just curious what time frame is needed to clear this up ?
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Alekhya 4 days later
Thank you for the query.

It usually takes 2 weeks to get recovered from this. Klebsiella not only affects lungs but also urinary tract and may be this causing you the penile discharge so both will take likely 2 weeks for the recovery. As you have started treatment the recover may be early also than I mentioned but it always depends on the severity of the disease.

Hope this answers your query. You can ask follow-up queries if you have.

WISH YOU A GOOD HEALTH.

DR.ALEKHYA

Follow-up: Diagnosed with klebsiella pneumoniae. Took avalox. Done with a urological procedure and had a burning penile discharge. Cure? 12 hours later
Is avalox the drug of choice , to treat this condition ?

Thanls again,

Answered by Dr. Alekhya 29 minutes later

Thank you for the follow-up query.

Yes, avelox is moxifloxacin and it has excellent effect against klebsiella.

Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a Good Health.

Dr.Alekhya