Diagnosed with keratoconous and advised for a corneal transplant treatment. Suggest ayurvedic treatment

Ophthalmologist
Question
Respected Sir,
I XXXX aged 31 have been using spectacles for the last 8 years some days ago i consulted an eye specialist and diagnosed keratoconous with me and advised me for a corneal transplant treatment as there is no other way. I am really scared about it. I am sending you the details of the glass prescribed for me.I want a treatment through yoga or in Ayurvedic or Homeopathic way or only by wearing glass.I would really be obliged if you advice me regard this.

RIGHT EYE-: SPH CYL AXIS PRISM VA
Distant -0.50 -3.00 70 0.00 20/20
Near 0.00 0.00 0 0 N 06
Lens Type S/Vn
Visual actuality 20/80 with PH 20/20
Adied (Glasses) 20/30 N 06
BCVA 20/20 (N 06)
Ocular Position Orthophoric

LEFT EYE-: SPH CYL AXIS PRISM BASE VA
Distant -1.00 -2.50 120 0.00 0 20/20p
Near 0.00 0.00 0 0.00 0 N 06
Lens Type Distance Only
Visual Actuality 20/80 with PH 20/20p
Aided (Glass) 20/20 N 06
BCVA 20/20 (N 06)
Ocular position Orthophoric

EYE DIAGNOSIS COMMENTS
OU COMPOUND MYOPIC ASTIGMATISM T/R/O KERATOCONUS
OU KERATOCONUS
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Other options of treatment are available.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Mr. XXXXXXX XXXX
Welcome to Health Care Magic
Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

From the detailed reports which you have sent you are having Compound Myopic Astigmatism. Whenever some body presents with high astigmatism as a part of examination we examine to rule out Keratoconus as a cause for high astigmatism. There many other options of treatment are available other than corneal transplantation hence no need to worry.

Keratoconus is a corneal thinning disease in which the corneal thins out and protrudes as a conical protrusion. However in the initial stages of disease we require investigations like orbscan to look for corneal thickness to diagnose keratoconus.

Corneal transplantation as told by your eye doctor is a mode of treatment for keratoconus but it is the last option of treatment indicated in advanced stage of keratoconus.

Many other options of treatment are available like
C3R - Corneal Collagen Crosslinking by using Riboflavin
INTACS - INTRA CORNEAL RING SEGMENTS

Hence I advice you to undergo ORBSCAN at a near by eye hospital and do consult Refractive surgeon for further advice.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you.