Diagnosed with jaundice. Feel fine but feel very hungry. How to overcome this?

Hi . I have been diagnosed with jaundice a week back..i am feeling ok but i feel very hungry throughout the day
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Normal body reaction. Take carbohydrate XXXXXXX food

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for using XXXXXXX

After an episode of jaundice, you are expected to have lot of variation in your digestive system. The metabolic activity of liver is reset and also your body is looking for calories. So feeling very hungry is expected for time being. This is good sign of improvement.

I hope the jaundice is improving now. In this circumstance, I advice you to take lot of carbohydrate XXXXXXX food like fruits, sugar cane juice with plenty of fluids. Avoid oily and very spicy food. Maintain good hygiene and complete the course of treatment even without any symptoms.

Hope this answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health.