Diagnosed with inner and outer hemorrhids, lot of pain. Medications ?

General Surgeon
I live in China and last Saturday my Chinese roommate went to the doctor because of some pain. She was diagnosed with inner and outer hemorrhoids. She's only 28 and very healthy. She was sent to a "specialist" here and they persuaded her to have a PPH. She went back the next day and found that it was a corrupt hospital. It's been 1 week now and she's still in alot of pain. She's been given medicine by another hospital, but is wondering if there was anything she could do to help and if the pain should be lasting this long. She'd also like to know what would help ease some of the pain and what she could do to keep from having this problem again.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh 19 minutes later

Hemorrhoids can present with anal pain and pain during passing of stools. They also present with blood in the stool.

I think your friend had not provided the entire problem to you.

Suppose the doctor at the first hospital diagnosed correctly, he/she should have give some local cream with anesthetic and cream that reduces the swelling of hemorrhoid veins. The doctor should have given oral pain killers which can keep her pain away. By this time she should have got relieved of pain.

If there are any pain killers available over the counter she can take them whenever the pain is intolerable. We also suggest 'sitz baths' to relieve from pain at home where the person is asked to sit in a hot water tub with betadine solution in the water for three to four times a day. She can try it now.

However I suggest she get the check up done once again and take appropriate care at a reputed hospital in your area.

Hope this helps.