Diagnosed with increased blood sugar level. Recommendation?

This is XXXXXXX from Baroda. I have an question on increasing blood sugar. Recently i have complted medical check up and they have found incresing Blood sugar in my report. MY age is 31 and weight 64 KG. I daily use to eat vegitarian food.
Request for your intervention.
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 43 minutes later

It will be helpful for me if you mention the value of those reports. I would like to know what test (fasting blood test or post prandial blood test) was done and why was it done.

There is a strong history of Diabetes in your family. So you a have the risk of developing Diabetes. The right intervention is depended on your blood sugar.

Awaiting your reply...

Follow-up: Diagnosed with increased blood sugar level. Recommendation? 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

It is a random Blood Sugar.

B.P.     B.P.     B.P.     B.P. REMARK      ADVICE
(mm Hg) (mm Hg) Status      (clinical ex )      (clinical ex )
new     new                       
110     70     110 /70     N Incr Blood sugar     None

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 7 minutes later
Hello Mr.Shah,

You have given the value of your Blood Pressure as 110/70 mmHg which is absolutely normal for your age.

You have not mention the value of your Random blood sugar here.
Anyways a random blood sugar of more than 200 mg/dl is diagnostic of Diabetes.

If that is the case then consult your doctor for more information.

Hope this answer helps you.