Diagnosed with impetigo. Not cured by antibiotic. Looking for proper cure

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I was diagnosed with impetigo, a small sore on my face. Have been on oral antibiotic & cream antibiotic for 10 days, finished the oral yesterday & I am out of town so can't see my dr. The sore is still on my cheek. What should I do besides continuing the ointment? I used hydrogen peroxide & scraped off crust morning & night for ointment. I thought it would be clearing before now...?
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 15 minutes later
Impetigo is highly infectious bacterial infection and might take weeks to recover completely. To take care of the sore,
-Wash the sore with an antibacterial or antiseptic soap every eight to 12 hours.
After each wash, XXXXXXX the lesions dry. Use a clean towel each time. Remove the crust with hydrogen peroxide.
-Apply a waterproof occlusive dressing (completely cover/seal the area where possible) to stop further spread of the infection after applying the anti bacterial ointment.
See your doctor if the sore spreads and gets worse despite treatment
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.