Diagnosed with hypothyroidism. On medication. Blood test done. Burning stomach. How to get relief?

Hi Doctor! I am 64 yrs old 5'6'' height and 74 kgs weight. I was detected of hypoyhyroidism in May 2012. TSH Level was 25.61, (2 months back). The dr prescribed me Thyronorm 75mcg. I was taking this med made by Abbot lab. After taking for 2 months , a blood test was taken and the TSH Level is 6.76. I consulted the Dr and he changed the med to Levothyrox 88mcg and asked me to take for 2 months. I am taking this for the last one week. I feel burning in the stomach throughout the day and also not be able to sleep properly. i am taking an antacid PAN-D for this. My question is whether the stomach burn is due to change of brand of thyroid medicine

Besides the above I am taking for the last 5 years the following meds.
Simvotin 10

Dr can you pl advice me to overcome this problem
My mail id is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 2 hours later
Thyroid medications, regardless of brand, do not cause heartburn. However as a general rule, try to stay with the same brand of thyroid medication for the rest of your life. The target TSH range is between 0.4 to 2
Your doctor has appropriately increased the dose from 75 to 88 mcg daily. The next TSH will give an idea if this dose is fine or not. I have reviewed your other medications. They do not interfere significantly with your thyroid pills. Try to keep your thyroid medication away from calcium and iron supplements if you are taking any.
For more information, you may wish to look at WWW.WWWW.WW