Diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Have thyroid nodules. Have constant pain in shoulder blade. Have shortness of breath. Related to the thyroid?

I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I have thyroid nodules, one is rather large. I have a fine needle biopsy
with ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow. I have constant
sharp pain in my right shoulder blade and I am having shortness of breath. Could these be related to the thyroid?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems less likely

Detailed Answer:
Thyroid nodules are not known to cause pain in the shoulder blade area unless there is the rare situation of a cancer spreading to the bones. Most thyroid nodules are benign. However if they grow big enough in size they can potentially cause compression of structures in the neck including the windpipe which can in turn cause shortness of breath.