Diagnosed with high risk HPV. Having pressure on abdomen, pain in ovary, leg and knee. Reason?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
HI I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH HIGH RISK HPV A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AGO AND SINCE YESTERDAY I HAVE AWFUL PAIN IN MY LEFT OVARY AND DOWN TO MY LEG AND KNEE. PRESSURE ON MY LEFT ABDOMINAL SIDE. HELP
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 47 minutes later
The possible causes of your pain are:
Pelvic inflammatory disease
Ovarian cysts
Adhesions due to any previous surgeries etc.
You once consult gynecologist, get examined and go for one ultrasound.
By this the possible cause for your problem can be made out, any HPV related lesions can be identified and treatment can be given accordingly.
Meanwhile you can take symptomatic treatment.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with high risk HPV. Having pressure on abdomen, pain in ovary, leg and knee. Reason? 9 hours later
I have no previous surgery. I had 4 abortions, one miscarriage and two children alive. 15 y.o and 3y.o

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
Surgical abortions sometimes can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease.
Anyhow as you are having severe pain, better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.
By this the cause can be identified, treated and future recurrences can be avoided.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.