Diagnosed with high blood pressure after pregnancy. Taking medicine. Any suggestion?

Currently take medicine for high blood pressure and my pressure is normally 109/70, my pressure reads 88/58 is that normal I was diagnosed with high blood pressure after both of my pregnancies and take toprol xl 25 mg as preventative measure, my pressure is well controlled
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Yes, your blood pressure is definitely lower and you need to be careful about it. As you are not having any problem right now there is nothing to worry about.

There could be various reasons for low blood pressure like:

>Improper fluid intake
>Exertion, not taken proper food
>Some illness etc.

Keep a good record of your blood pressure at various times like morning, afternoon and late evening and visit your doctor to adjust the dose medicine that you are taking.

Do not stop the drug suddenly as it might lead to sudden increase in blood pressure at times.

In case you have problems like:

>Not feeling good

Then please seek medical attention.I think there is a case for you to control your blood pressure without medications. Still your treating doctor is the best judge. Please do not take any decision on your own.