Diagnosed with high blood pressure. Taking Telmikind. Can I take Dipin. Suggest?

I am 49 Years Old Metso Employee, working in Metso for the past 15 years. Now, I am a Regional Manager -Service , located in Mumbai. I am recently diagonized with High Blood Pressure ( 6months back) and I am taking Telmikind AM once a day for the past 6 months as advised by Doctor. I need to understand from you, whether I can take DIPIN (5mg) in place of Telmikind AM??? Pl advise.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later

Depin (Generic name - Nifedipine) is a strong medication and is known to reduce blood pressure drastically in short time. This is not a suitable medication to control blood pressure over long term.

If your blood pressure is under control with Telmakind AM, then do continue the same.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.