Diagnosed with high BP and normal heart rate. Feeling tired. Suggest?

I am a 59 year old woman my resting i took my blood pressure this morning and it was 159/88 and my heart rate is 68 i am feeling very washed out and tired which is why i took the bp. Is that high
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not normal...

Detailed Answer:

Though your heart rate is under limits, blood pressure is not under normal limits. We would like to keep pressure under 140/90mmHg if not close to 120/80mmHg.

But don't be worried; blood pressure fluctuations are natural. You can get the pressures checked couple of times more may be late during the day and tomorrow early in the morning. If pressures are persistently high, you will need more sequential monitoring for a week before we put you on medicines.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.