Diagnosed with high BP. Having headaches, tired and eyes are blood red. Waiting for bariatric surgery

hi ive been diagnosed with high bp im waiting to have bariatric surgery so morbidly obese ive been on bp tablets for 5 weeks now but this week ive had a headache every day all day feel very sleepy and the whites of my eyes are blood shot so ive been taking my bp morning and night the readings are quite high 171/98 166/110 is todays the highest this week is 185/145 but the bottom number has been 100 or over im in the uk but will it be ok to wait to see my dr on monday or do i need to go to hosp
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

A Diastolic (lower figure) of 145 is XXXXXXX - even if transient...
You must go to the EMERGENCY IMMEDIATELY...
You need investigation / very likely admission and continuous monitoring, till control is achieved – to prevent damage to heart, eyes, kidney and brain....
You may require extensive investigations to exclude condition like Pheochromocytoma
Personal habits, family history, co-morbidities!...could also influence the diagnosis and outcome...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck