Diagnosed with hepatitis C. What can I do to eliminate this from my system?

live in USA
6 months ago donated blood without problem
5 months ago visited Israel on a Study trip
4 months ago was circucised for religious reasons.
3 months ago visited a Dr and recieved infused antibiotics and various multiple injections.
1 month ago donated blood and was reported for Hepetitus C, went to get a professional blood test and it was confirmed.
2005 I recieved Hep A/B vaccine.
what can I do to best eliminate this from my system?
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 1 hour later
Welcome to HCM!
As you would be aware that hepatitis C is the most resistant virus to be managed.
The medicines usually used to treat hepatitis C are interferons combined with ribavirin plus a protease inhibitor such as boceprevir (Victrelis) or telaprevir (Incivek). They are used for 6 months to a year and help your body get rid of the virus. Your doctor can help you decide whether medicines are right for you.
A new treatment for Hepatitis C which includes a longer-acting form of interferon has been found to cure more patients and cause less side effects, this includes a once-a-week shot of Pegasys, a long-acting form of interferon known as pegylated interferon, along with daily antiviral pills called ribavirin. The standard treatment for Hepatitis C has been three shots of shorter-acting interferon per week along with the ribavirin pills. The treatment duration can be evaluated after 12 weeks of treatment, as your doctor can tell in which patients Pegasys probably will cure. The others can stop the lengthy treatment, and avoid the serious side effects. Wish you good health. Kindly revert if you have any further queries, else kindly rate it. Thanks