Diagnosed with hepatitis B. Is this curable and are homeopathic treatments effective?

Question
Hi

I am rescently diagnosed with Hypatatis B chronic, DNA viral load is 2082 IU/ML and Hbeag negative and Hbeab Posoitive, My doctor told me that No need gto start the treatment.
Is this curable? can i infact others? and also i heare about the Homeopaty treatments is this effective? Can i starte the Homepathy treatment and expect to HbsaG negative in few months.
Please advise how to proceed on this
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Follow-up: Diagnosed with hepatitis B. Is this curable and are homeopathic treatments effective? 5 minutes later
And also i have tested my Wife and she is Hbsag negative and we have started the vacination.
Will this disease impact my future?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello Prash

Very frankly speaking it is not curable.
You can infect others.
There is no proven data which suggests homeopathy treatment can make you HBSag negative.
Your doctor is right and there  is no need to start the treatment as viral load is very less.
About 5% of people develop a chronic form of hepatitis B. People who have symptoms.
Chronic hepatitis B infection significantly increases the risk for liver damage, including cirrhosis and liver cancer. In fact, hepatitis B is the leading cause of liver cancer worldwide. Liver disease, especially liver cancer, is the main cause of death in people with chronic hepatitis B.
Patients with hepatitis B who are co-infected with hepatitis D may develop a more severe form of acute infection than those who have only hepatitis B. Co-infection with hepatitis B and D increases the risk of developing acute liver failure. Patients with chronic hepatitis B who develop chronic hepatitis D also face high risk for cirrhosis. Hepatitis D occurs only in people who are already infected with hepatitis B.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck.
Thanks.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with hepatitis B. Is this curable and are homeopathic treatments effective? 2 days later
Hello Doctor,
Here is the linke which describes the Homeopathy cured the HBsaG,
WWW.WWWW.WW
I request you to go thru the same which takes couple of minutes and let me know should i belive the same or not, if not i will continue with my current doctor only.
And also if it is not curbale, how long will i servive with this disease, i don't have kids currently, can i go for the kids after my wifes last vacination...

Thanks and Regards,
Prahsant XXXXXXX

Hello
You can go ahead with homeopathy treatment if you wish.I don't see any harm in trying it.Remain in touch with your doctor even if you start taking homeopathic 
Medicines.
A person with chronic hepatitis B can live normally for decades without any problem however every carrier lives with the risk of getting serious liver disease and this is primarily the reason why you should be in regular touch with  your doctor,get regular check ups,protect your liver and don't take even a single drop of alcohol.
You can have children but you should make sure that your wife is vaccinated well.After the vaccination,check your wife's anti HBs antibodies and it must be more than 10 IU/ ml.If it is less ,then give a fourth vaccination to your wife.
Before delivery check the status of your wife and if by chance she does get IGg along with Hep B vaccination

I hope I am clear.
Thanks

Follow-up: Diagnosed with hepatitis B. Is this curable and are homeopathic treatments effective? 4 hours later
Thanks Doctor, now i am clear.
Can you please explain me the meaning of Hbeag -Ve and Hbeab +Ve, i am confused
regarding the: is this indicates "Virus in my blood actively replicating" or its in in-active state.

Thanks and Regards, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Hello
Shortly after the appearance of the HBsAg, another antigen called hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg) will appear. Traditionally, the presence of HBeAg in a host's serum is associated with much higher rates of viral replication and enhanced infectivity.During the natural course of an infection, the HBeAg may be cleared, and antibodies to the 'e' antigen (anti-HBe) will arise immediately afterwards. This conversion is usually associated with a dramatic decline in viral replication.

In your case since you are HBeag-ve ,it means it has been cleared by your body and antibodies to e antigen have appeared called as HBeab +ve.

This all means that virus is in inactive state.
I hope I am clear.
Thanks

Follow-up: Diagnosed with hepatitis B. Is this curable and are homeopathic treatments effective? 13 hours later
Thanks Doctor, I am clear now.
One last quetion, is there a prooven history, where Hbeag -ve become Hbeag +ve.
If so what are the causes and how can i avoid the same.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello
 During the natural course of an infection, the HBeAg may be cleared, and antibodies to the 'e' antigen (anti-HBe) will arise immediately afterwards. This conversion is usually associated with a dramatic decline in viral replication

Carriers who have seroconverted to HBeAg negative status, in particular those who acquired the infection as adults, have very little viral multiplication and hence may be at little risk of long-term complications or of transmitting infection to others.
HBeag- ve doesn't become HBeag+ ve.
Thanks