Diagnosed with hemangiopericytoma. Had surgery. Recommended to go for chemotherapy. Need advice?

I've was diagnosed with hemangiopericytoma (sp?) 15 years ago - Had surgery and then approx. 30 radiation tx - then diagnosed again 6 and 8 years ago - had gamma treatments - latest MRI however shows it's back again - dr's won't do gamma tx because total radiation is too high (94) - another surgery not practical - so recommending chemo tx - combination of temodar (7 days) and avastin (1 day) - duration based upon results - what are your ideas??
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Recurrent Soft tissue tumor

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Sorry to note that you have recurrent soft tissue tumor arising from the blood vessel.

It is a chronic progressive disorder which is cytologically benign but by behavior malignant. In-spite of surgery and radiotherapy it has recurred. Only option left is chemotherapy. Though you have been advised high class targeted chemotherapy but as per my experience the results may not be very favorable. We have no option but to see the benefit of this chemotherapy.

One option of interstitial radiation may be explored from your radiation Oncologist to have the biological efficient dose as the earlier radiation is done 15 years before.

I hope i have addressed your query well.
Dr. J. Ticku