Diagnosed with hasimoto thyroiditis. Ultrasound report showed multiple small nodule. Are nodules sign of tumor?

The overalls size of the thyroid gland is within normal Limits. Parenchymal echogenicity is diffusely heterogeneous with multiple areas of decreased echogenicity. ? makes positive recognition of nodules difficult. On the left there appears to be 8 x 6mm hypoechoic nodules posteriorly at the mid thyroid Ievel. On the right a slightly larger 12 x 5mm nodule is noted posteriorly as weII. Vascularlty of the thyroid was satisfactory and there was no retrosternal extensi.on. I have a lump on my throat recently and due to feeling choke chronic cough with changes in my voice I did the ultrasound again after one year and did blood test again anti tpo is still same as last year 1300 and TSH 5.12 last year tsh is 4.98...last year I was diagnosed with hasimoto thyroiditis and due to the lump and feeling choke with voice weakness I did the ultra sound ...the above is the latest report ...last year report was just a multiple small nodule but this time the nodule were bigger then last year..I wolud like to know if the nodule are signs of tumor? I did have chest xray last year and do u think its because of the xray or it just thytoitiditis nodule ? Should I be concerning about it
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Need FNAC & Radio nuclide uptake. Detailed Answer: Dear Ma'm, Hi! you need FNAC, radio nuclide uptake scan for thyroid. These two reports will clear all picture. regards!