Diagnosed with genital herpes. Suggestions

Jul 2016

yes i was diagnosed withgenital herpes and my only partner for the past 25 years has been my husband he however doesnt have any symptoms can only one person be infected and not the other YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes it is possible. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been detected to have Genital Herpes. You have sexual relationship only with your husband who had never symptoms of Herpes 2 infection. Herpes infection is a viral infection and 80% people can have herpes infection without having any symptoms.These viruses remain dormant in nerves for years together one can get recurrence of infection which is mild and unnoticeable . This explains the reason for you having a herpes infection without your husband having the same at any time during last 25 years. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.