Diagnosed with gastritis and hernia. No improvement with prevacid. What should I do?

Cardiologist
Question
I was diagnosed with gastritis, hiatal hernia probably mild because I don't need surgery and esophagitis just last week by EGD and in July. I had very bad side effects from Nexium in July so I stopped it for 3 months and 6 weeks ago I started having difficulty breathing so I ended up in ER but blood work, EKG , echocardiogram and chest X-ray and CT of chest were are normal. Since I stopped medication for 3 months could my gastritis got worse causing my shortness of breath. I read that the inflammation of my stomach cause cause some organs like diaphragm to be pushed up. When I am lying down or in a recline position , I am not short of breath. Only when I sit up straight and standing up. PLEASE help me because my GI doctor doesn't believe that it's from my gastritis. I can't work anymore because I can't breath. I took prevacid 15 mg for 25 days but didn't improve and I just started dexilant 60 mg on 2nd day now and will continue if there's no side effects. Also, I have belching everytime I eat and even drink one sip of water always, gnawing pain, bloating. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 5 days later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions Detailed Answer: Hi, You are saying that all the exams you did excluded the heart disease. I'd suggest to do the stress EKG test or stress echocardiogram to evaluate the heart work during stress. Then, I'd also suggest to do the respiratory functional tests (spirometry) to evaluate the function of your lungs. At the end, I'd suggest to consult a neurologist to do the neurological exams to exclude neurological "short-of-breath" (dispnea) and take proper treatment. Hope it helped! Dr.Benard p.s. Please write back to me if you have any other concern.