Diagnosed with gastric carcinoids and gastritis. Had sigmoid and hemi colectomy due to diverticulitis. Suggest?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have been diagnosed with gastric carcinoids - begnin & atrophic non erosive gastritis. I had a sigmoid & hemi colectomy 19 yrs ago due to diverticulitis. Is there anything I can do or take to help the asymptomatic gastritis? I have a gastrin level of 1000
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 10 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

H.pylori infection is a common cause of atrophic gastritis. Get tested for this infection and if found to be positive, you need to get treated with triple therapy to eradicate it.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Diagnosed with gastric carcinoids and gastritis. Had sigmoid and hemi colectomy due to diverticulitis. Suggest? 10 hours later
I have been tested for that & it is Negative.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 48 hours later
If you are negative for H.pylori and are asymptomatic, then you may not require any medications. However, since there is risk of malignancy, you may have to undergo endoscopic testing periodically.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini