Diagnosed with frontal and maxillary sinusitis. Having headache, nausea, diarrhea and body pain

ENT Specialist
I have been diagnosed with frontal ans mixiliary sinusitis a few days ago. Been on medication for the past 3 days but symptoms still persist. Now I am having headache (extra sensitivr on top of my head), nausea, pain around my eyes and forehead, still neck, sharp pain on my lower back, aches in my whole body and diarhoea. What can it be?
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 51 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query

As you have already been diagnosed as having sinusitis, I do not know whether the medicines prescribed to you are enough to take care of the same.

The symptoms of headache, pain around the eyes and forehead are due to sinusitis itself. Neck pain and body ache could be related to the lassitude secondary to the infection and diarrhea because of the medicines taken.

My advice to you:
1. Drink plenty of warm water to keep the nose and the throat hydrated.
2. Use saline nasal spray followed by steam inhalation 2-3 times a day, which helps in reducing the nasal congestion and clearing of the mucus.
3. Avoid coffee and chilled beverages, both of these increases the consistency of secretions and worsens your problems.
4. A course of good antibiotic such as cefuroxime.
5. A mucolytic (such as ambroxol or bromhexine) to reduce the viscosity of the mucus.
6. An anti-inflammatory medicine such as ibuprofen or diclofenac for headache and body ache.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon