Diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Tired gaining weight, have blisters on hands and forehead. Have chronic UTI. What can be done?

I have been diagnosed in the past with fibromyalgia but it has been getting increasingly worse over the years. I am always tired, gaining weight, have blisters on my left hand and on my forehead occasionally. I get kidney stones on a regular basis along with a chronic UTI. I also have IBS, higher calcium levels, and vitamin D deficiency. I can an inconclusive parathyroid scan but my levels are still off. Bone scan is normal and recent blood work for a rheumatologist was 8.9. Any ideas - I am so frustrated and I think my doctors are blaming it all on my weight and lack of exercise.
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Feeling tired, gradually gain in weight can be due to vitamin D3 deficiency that you are having. This needs a proper supplementation of at least 60,000 IU once a week for at least 6 weeks. Such hormonal imbalances are best managed under the guidance of an endocrinologist. You also need to get your electrolyte levels checked to detect any abnormality in these.
The blisters on the hand and forehead can be due to superficial skin infection which can be adequately controlled with proper antibiotics.
The higher calcium levels might be causing the recurrent renal calculi and the urinary infections. Keeping yourself well hydrated with plenty of fluids will help.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Tired gaining weight, have blisters on hands and forehead. Have chronic UTI. What can be done? 5 minutes later
Thank you Doctor. I have been treating with an endocrinologist due to my parathyroid levels and I take 5,000 i.u. of D3 daily. When I took the high doses of D3, my blood calcium spiked. I guess I am looking for an overall diagnosis so that I can treat it and move on, however there might not be one.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
You are having multiple problems that are difficult to put together to one diagnosis. It is good that you are taking Vitamin D 3 supplementation regularly. This should help in reducing your symptoms.
Do go for regular follow up with your rheumatologist.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.