Diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Getting migraine and nauseous when I go outside in heat. Any ideas?

I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia & I have noticed that when i go outside in the heat, within about 10 minutes I am nauseated & get a migraine. I feel like I have been in the heat all day. I do not know much about fibromyalgia, it is still a mystery to me. I don't have any idea if there is even a connection. I also get back spams after I have been in the heat too long. I have been getting sever back spasms over the past two years & that is part of the reason they diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. Thank You!
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes pain, stiffness, and tenderness of the muscles, tendons, and joints. Fibromyalgia is also characterized by restless sleep, awakening feeling tired, chronic fatigue, anxiety, depression.

The diagnosis of fibromyalgia is made purely on clinical grounds based on the doctor's history and physical examination.

Fibromyalgia treatment programs are most effective when they combine patient education, stress reduction, regular exercise, and medications.

The symptom that you have mentioned that is excessive fatigue after going out is not mentioned in the symptoms of fibromyalgia, even though fatigue is one of the common symptom.

The body has a natural cooling mechanism. But, if too much body fluid is lost through sweating, the body overheats. But, this may just be heat exhaustion. It's important to stay hydrated. It needs to be evaluated i advice you to see physician for examination and investigation.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.