Diagnosed with fatty liver. Having joints pain. Family history of diabetes. Possibility of heart disease?

Elevated crp wih ankle edema, diagnosed with fatty liver disease with increased liver enzymes, elevated uric acid, painful joints, back pain. Also have elevated uric acid. Family history of diabetes
If further info is needed to make a diagnosis please write back. I am unsure about diseases on my paternal side of the family. Possible heart disease?
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 26 minutes later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology. I read your mail with diligence. To be XXXXXXX with the available information it is not possible to make a definite diagnosis. Certainly, with your help we can analyse symptoms complex and investigation to arrive at a plan for work up.
55 year old, obese/overweight with central obesity, elevated uric acid, elevated CRP, painful joints as well as low back ache. Family history of diabetes. Raises few questions which have to answered (not necessarily all of make a plan for workup)
1. How much is Fasting Blood Sugar or Glycated Hemoglobin (HbA1C) the first
information is needed is she diabetic? Any sugar reports available?
2. Which are the joints involved any preferential joint which is painful and swollen
ever- especially ankle joint.
3. How long she is having edema in the ankles? It is symmetrical on both sides?
Are veins prominent around edema or above edema? Is there any history of
varicose veins?
4. How much had been her blood pressure? If on drugs for raised BP since when
and with what drugs?
5. Is there shortness of breath on exertion or on lying down? Does, she ever
have to get up during night because of 'air hunger' relief by sitting up?

6. Has ever an EKG done? Was it was reported normal? Any Chest Pain ever?

7. Height and weight? Has there been recent gain in weight? How about appetite?

After knowing a little more, I shall be able to help and write back as soon as possible. Good Luck.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW