Diagnosed with fatty brain tumor. Having dizziness, nausea and vomiting. Should I get the tumor removed?

May 2014

diagnosed with a fatty brain tumor on the top of the brain. I also have multiple sclerosis. symptons are dizziness, right eye sight optic neuritis , balance, cognitive impairment, nausea, vomiting, do I get the tumor removed?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Brain Tumor
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please send in complete brain scan report details Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. I would request you to send in complete report details of your brain scan (CT scan or MRI scan). This will tell the exact location, dimension, origin and probably composition of the mentioned fatty brain tumor. It is important to have the above information before I can opine if the tumor removal is necessary and if it will decrease your symptoms. The brain has got many areas and some of them are most important while a fatty tumor in some areas can be left and observed for a while. The features of the tumor will also give us any suspicion if the dizziness, right eye sight optic neuritis , balance, cognitive impairment, nausea, vomiting might be closely related to the tumor and if its removal will really help. Waiting to hear an update from your end. Regards, Dr.Vivek