Diagnosed with esophageal ulcer. Diet plan?

Dec 2012

what can I eat when diagnosed with a 3cm esophageal ulcer???? also what foods do I avoid eating???
Thank you...XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 37 minutes later

Thanks for posting,
To be answer your question we would work from what to avoid consuming. Besides infection with H. pylori (being the number 1 cause of ulcers) other factors also seem to contribute to ulcer formation and so should be avoided. Overuse of over-the-counter painkillers (such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen), heavy alcohol use, and smoking exacerbate and may promote the development of ulcers. Research indicates that heavy smokers are more prone to developing duodenal ulcers than are nonsmokers, that people who drink alcohol are more susceptible to esophageal ulcers, and that those who take aspirin frequently for a long period of time are more likely to develop stomach ulcers than those who don't. You need to avoid over spiced meals (especially with pepper), eating beans, and avoid taking in any toxic substances.
Do regular exercises and get the underlying cause of the oesophageal ulcer treated such as complete eradication of H. pylori if that is the cause. The rest of your meals should be taken normally after your ulcer is treated.

Hope my suggestions will be helpful and let me know if you have other questions
Dr. Bernard, Nsah