Diagnosed with episcleritis. Yellow eye normal?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I was diagnosed with episcleritis yesterday. Today my eye is yellow. Is this normal with episcleritis?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 33 minutes later

Episcleritis is benign self limiting inflammation of the thin tissue below the conjunctiva of eyes.
It usually causes redness of the inflamed eye or later on a nodule formation, but rarely the tissue may appear yellow and wrinkly, rarely it may also be painful or tender.

So dont worry. It should resolve in a couple of weeks.

However please do follow up with your treating doctor to rule out underlying systemic or autoimmune illness.

Hope I have answered your query. Do write back if you any doubts.