Diagnosed with enteric fever. Completed medication. Having digestion and constipation problem. What to do?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
I was diagnosed with Enteric Fever 20 days back. I have completed my medication and also injections(metrogyl, pan 40 & one more injection) for Typhoid but I am still having digestion problem and constipation and feel hungry. I am not sure about by diet chart. Aslo can I go for swimming now?
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 57 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX

Thanks for writing in

Constipation will gradually pass away with regular diet as you would have been away from balanced diet due to enteric

I would suggest you continue Pan 40 for another two weeks and metrogyll is known to cause digestive problems

You may go for swimming

Gradually start normal diet over a period of two weeks

Hope this helps
Get well soon

Follow-up: Diagnosed with enteric fever. Completed medication. Having digestion and constipation problem. What to do? 20 hours later
Thanks Doctor.
I have a small query.

Currently I am taking Pre-Pro medicine after lunch and dinner, is it fine or shall I switch to Pan 40. And for how many more days.

Also currently I am having Dal, Daliya, Milk, biscuits and Juice only. No fruits or vegetables. Whenver I take salads I vommit. Will I recover from this.

What kind of diet should I follow and for how many days.

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later
Dear XXXXX

Pre-Probiotic and Pan are two different medicines and you need to continue both

You need to take Salads and vegetables if you want to avoid constipation

You have to avoid fermented and junk food

Hope this helps
Wishing you a healthy life

Follow-up: Diagnosed with enteric fever. Completed medication. Having digestion and constipation problem. What to do? 1 hour later
Thanks Again Doctor.

Intake of salads induces Vommit, what to do?

Do you recommend blood test after a period of 1 week or so to check status on Typhoid.

Also do you recommend Vaccination for Typhoid and after what period as this is the second time I am suffering from typhoid within 6 months.

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later
Hi

You may take it in other forms like marinated, dressed etc if yet not acceptable avoid it

No need clinically if you are Ok wait till 6 weeks of normal temprature

Ideally after 3 months of normal temprature

Hope this helps
Get Well Soon